The (ECG) Electrocardigram, is an important diagnostic application available to assist clinicians in ascertaining the cardiac pathology in a patient. The procedure is noninvasive, convenient and results are available instantaneously.
The investigation is of particular value in the conditions.
- Chamber Enlargement
- Mycocardial Ischaemia
- Heart Blocks
It also investigate the following
- Check the heart’s electrical activity.
- Find the cause of unexplained chest pain, which could be caused by a heart attack
- Find the cause of symptoms of heart disease
- Find out if the walls of the heart chambers are too thick (hypertrophied)
- Check how well medicines are working and whether they are causing side effects that affect the heart.
- Check the health of the heart when other diseases or conditions are present, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cigarette smoking, diabetes, or a family history of early heart disease.